We offer in-home cooking classes for individuals, couples, groups and kids. Enjoy an evening of learning, cooking and tasting delicious food!After we have arranged a date, time and menu, the Chef will join you in your kitchen with all the ingredients and materials necessary for the class. Cooking classes include custom meal planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation and clean up. Participants will be provided with the recipes of the dishes prepared during the session. Classes are 3 hours in duration and incorporate demonstration and hands-on participation to maximize learning and fun. Afternoon, evening and weekend classes are available.
How does it work?
- During an initial phone consultation we will discuss your culinary interests, dietary specifications, and/or food allergies. We will use this information to create your personalized cooking class.
- After booking the date and time for the class a custom menu is created for your approval.
- We shop for the groceries on the day of your class to ensure the freshest of ingredients.
- You cook, eat and learn together with meals custom-designed by you!
Types of Classes
- Whether you are a beginner or an expert in the kitchen there is always something new to learn. Take advantage of your one-on-one time with the Chef to perfect your culinary skills, learn a new cuisine or put a new twist on an old favourite. If you’re starting a specific dietary plan (eg: food allergies, weight loss, etc) Chef Gabe can show you new recipes that you’ll be able to replicate on your own at home.
Couple's Classes - Makes a great anniversary, birthday or wedding gift.
- Treat your significant other to a fun, interactive and deliciously good time as you work together to prepare a gourmet meal. Once the class is finished, you will enjoy a romantic dinner of your own creation!
- Lively hands-on and demonstration sessions.
- You choose the theme of the class and the menu with our guidance.
- Great for a girlfriend get-together, birthdays, book or wine clubs, bridal parties or simply friends catching up. And guys—it’s not just a female thing. Learn your way around the kitchen among your buddies.
Interactive Dinner Parties
- A combination of a cooking class and dinner party rolled into one! Choose a customized menu that will allow your guests to watch, listen and dabble in cooking a delicious meal taught by a professional Chef. Enjoy each course after it is prepared.
Nanny Classes- Tired of the same old family meals? Need some inspiration?
- We teach nannies how to prepare healthy AND delicious meals for your family that don’t come frozen or under plastic wrap! A great option for busy families with busy nannies.
- Menus are customized to accommodate all dietary considerations (eg: food allergies, dietary preferences and even satisfying picky eaters!). We teach healthy ingredient substitutions for existing and/or new recipes.
- Includes phone/email consultation with the family to determine your needs, class instruction and a printout of recipes. Grocery shopping can be done ahead of time or with your nanny at your preferred store(s).
Corporate Group Classes
- What better way to personalize a team building activity than to do it through FOOD! You can customize the menu to your team or your industry.
- Hands-on cooking classes generate creativity, develop camaraderie and improve communication and cooperation among team members.
Bachelorette Party Cooking Class
- Enjoy a fun evening celebrating the BRIDE-TO-BE with learning, cooking and tasting delicious food!
- After we have arranged a date, time and menu, the Chef will join your group in your kitchen with all the ingredients and materials necessary for the class.
- Menus are customized - choose your courses (appetizer, salad, entrée, dessert, etc) or an assortment of appetizers with dessert.
- Classes are approximately three hours in duration and are hands-on to maximize learning and fun.
Kid's Classes - great as a birthday gift or for a birthday party
- Entertains and educates kids through cooking.
- Helps build confidence and independence through fun cooking activities.
- Teaches love and respect for food.
- Examples of classes – birthday parties, cooking for holiday treats, healthy and tasty snacks, themed menus, hands on cooking, basic cooking skills, safety in the kitchen.
- Invite your kids’ friends over for a birthday celebration they won’t forget! Add on some appetizers for the adults to enjoy.
Paleo/Primal (Gluten-free) Cooking Classes
- Create delicious, nutrient dense meals made with paleo principles in mind (avoiding gluten, sugar, legumes and dairy).
- Learn how to go gluten-free without using store-bought gluten-free alternatives.
- Great for individuals diagnosed with celiac, a gluten-intolerance or those focusing on an anti-inflammatory diet.
Ideas for Individual or Group Classes:
- Specific type of cuisine (eg: Caribbean, Italian, Thai, Mediterranean, Japanese, etc.)
- Gluten-free alternatives, paleo, detoxification meals and snacks
- Nutritious meals for families on a budget
- Kid friendly meals
- Gourmet in a hurry (eg: Preparing a variety of meals using the same type of protein with different sides).
- Appetizer assortment; Decadent desserts
- Cooking with herbs, dressings and marinades
- Learning to use your kitchen equipment, knife skills
- Kid's classes/birthday parties
Deposit: All event bookings need to be confirmed with a 25% non-refundable and non-transferable deposit upon reservation date.